International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend – ILLW illw.net
Normally held on the 3rd full weekend in August
This year: 00.01 UTC 21st August to 24.00 UTC 22nd August 2021 (48 hours)
The KCRA and CCRAA will be activating a number of local Lighthouses thanks to the effects of Matt, KB8VBL.
The purpose of this event is to promote public awareness of lighthouses and lightships and their need for preservation and restoration, and at the same time to promote amateur radio and to foster international goodwill as well as remembering the dedication of those who served as lighthouse keepers.
What we do:
1) Operate amateur radio transceivers from multiple area lighthouses and attempt to contact as many amateur stations including other lighthouses/lightships both nationally and internationally as possible.
2) Serve as ambassadors of amateur radio to any who may visit the lights from which we operate.
This year K8L we will be operating from:
1) Eagle Harbor Lighthouse US0017 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Harbor_Light
2) Copper Harbor Lighthouse US0233 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_Harbor_Light
3) Mendota (Bete Grise) Light US0261 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendota_(Bete_Grise)_Light
4) Ontonagon Light US0262 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontonagon_Light
5) Manitou Island Light Station US0260 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitou_Island_Light_Station
QSL INFO: Please QSL via Matt KB8VBL